My website’s topic is going to be about employment in Jasper National Park, specifically relating to new hires. On this website, users will find a variety of information about what it is like to live in Jasper as there is not significant information that is available for prospective and new employees. The website is going to cover a range of topics, including the history of the national park and some iconic hotels in the area, testimonials from past employees about why they decided to work there, and bring to light the housing crisis many employees face when moving to the highly regulated town.

I believe this topic is very important because there is no readily-available information available for potential employees regarding the benefits of living and playing in a national park, as well as what accommodations are available and what they look like. In the summer of 2021, I was fortunate to work in Jasper. However, I found it extremely difficult to find relative and current information about what accommodation was available, perks of being a citizen of Jasper, and the available services and amenities within the town. This may not be an issue for those who already live nearby or have already visited Jasper before, but, employees who come from all over the world and never set foot in Canada before will have problems at the beginning of their employment. Although this topic only affects a small number of people, I believe that if they receive sufficient and clear  information about what to look for in Jasper, future employees will be able to make a more informed decision on if they would like to work here.

The topic of Employment in Jasper can explore many topics for employees to make a more informed decision. Some questions can be:

• What discounts does employees living in Jasper receive?
  • What companies in Jasper offer subsidized housing for employees?
  • What is the history of Jasper National Park
  • What are some activities to do in the National Park
  • What is the closest city to Jasper?
  • How hard is it to find accommodations if a company does not provide it for their employees?

Media Outline

• Informative Text story with Photos
    • I will be exploring the history of Jasper National Park, and giving users of the website vital information about popular activities nearby. I believe this is vital information because the hospitality and tourism industry is one of the most important industries in Jasper. Employees are always asked by guests “What are some nearby day hikes?”  on any given day. For those new employees who have never been to Jasper before, it is quite a challenge for them to give guests an appropriate response. My goal with this informative story is to give these new employees a clear idea about what hikes to recommend to guests, even if they have not done any hikes.

• Audio Interviews
    • In this portion of the website, I will be gathering testimonials from past and current employees who have and currently work in Jasper, and tell prospective employees of the website why they decided to come work here,  and what they do on their day off. This will help prospective employees decide if they want to live in a place like Jasper.
  • Investigative Video
    • On this portion of the website, I will be examining the housing crisis in Jasper. For the past few years, the town of Jasper has had lots of issues about the demand of housing for new employees. Their supply of housing is very limited currently. Jasper has been continuously trying to find possible solutions to create affordable housing. I believe this will be important for new hires, as many companies do not have enough accommodations for staff, so they are forced to rent a house with others, which is very expensive.